April 11, 2018 - Board Meeting Highlights
The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders highlights from their recent meeting. The adopted minutes will be available online following the next regular Board meeting scheduled for 1:00pm April 25, 2018 in High River.
- acknowledged the traditional territories of the people of Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta and the Métis Nation of Alberta Region 3.
- received an update from Principal Joanne Higgins and Vice-Principal Lauren Frandle on the Heritage Heights School Education Plan.
- received an update from Director of Inclusive Learning, Loriann Salmon.
- moved to approve the Land Transfer Agreement with the Town of High River adjacent to 12th Avenue and Ecole Secondaire Highwood High School so that the Town can proceed with the installation of a sidewalk along the school property's north boundary.
- moved to accept the Attendance Boundary Review initiative and timeline for the new K-9 school in Okotoks, with the final decision scheduled to be made in March 2019.
- received a Quarterly Financial Statement report from Assistant Superintendent, Drew Chipman.
- acknowledged National Volunteer Week and expressed appreciation to volunteers across the division.
- congratulated the Red Deer Lake School Council on the successful fundraising of new electronic equipment.
- expressed condolences to those affected by the recent Humboldt tragedy.