Grade 5 Farewell Information
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are excited to announce that we are organized for our Grade 5 Farewell ceremonies. We had been waiting and anticipating the changes to COVID restrictions to complete the final plans. We will be following a similar format to last year as we still cannot have a large gathering inside or out. However, we are committed to make this day special for our students.
- Due to AHS restrictions, we cannot have parents on school premises the day of the farewell. However, we are prepared to live stream the event and we are going to take pictures of the students and send them to families.
- Each student will receive a Spitzee Eagle T-Shirt and a Yearbook. We will also present each student with a certificate. There will be NO charge.
- We will be providing lunch for our Grade 5 students and a Frosty. There will be NO charge.
- We have created and completed a ceiling tile of all our student’s handprints.
- The afternoon of June 23rd will be designed by the classroom teachers. We promise it will be a great time for all. Students must be ready to hike!!
- If the weather is rainy or thunderstorms in and around, all events will be held inside. Unfortunately, we cannot have any families or guests inside the school.
- We will have our stage set up in front of the school as per last year. Students will be honoured by staff and physically distanced to receive their certificate and t- shirt. After, a class picture will be taken by a staff member as a keep sake for the kids. If you would like to take a picture of your son or daughter on school grounds, you may come to the school grounds at 3:30 when school students have been dismissed and no longer present.
- We cannot have vehicles in front of the school due to bussing.
- In the afternoon weather permitting, students will be out with their classroom teachers for a hike. We ask that students are dressed for the weather, sunscreen, water bottles and bug spray. In the event of inclement weather, students will remain at school for an in class celebration.
Please feel free to reach out to your son or daughter’s teacher if you have any questions.
Brooke MacNeill, Principal Bill Holmes, Vice Principal