May 25 - Return to in-person classroom learning
May 19, 2021
The Alberta government confirmed today that Foothills School Division students in Grades K-12 will resume in-person classes on Tuesday, May 25.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, all health and safety measures continue to be followed at our schools. These include handwashing, face mask guidelines, physical distancing (where possible), and enhanced cleaning protocols.
We remind everyone entering a school they must monitor for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Please complete the Alberta Health daily checklist each day prior to attending school. If your child is feeling unwell, they must remain at home. Please note that isolation and quarantine expectations changed for vaccinated children, learn more on the Alberta Isolation and quarantine requirements website.
May 4, 2021
Alberta’s government has introduced a series of new COVID-19 measures. These provincial decisions were made after careful consideration and are based on the advice of Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
All Foothills School Division students will temporarily shift to at-home learning effective Friday May 7, 2021. The last day of in-person learning is Thursday May 6, 2021.
Junior Kindergarten - Grade 12 Students*
- At-home online learning commences on Friday May 7, 2021
- In-person learning resumes on Tuesday May 25, 2021
* Grade 7-12 students attending École Secondaire Foothills Composite High School / Alberta High School of Fine Arts, Westmount School, Meadow Ridge School, Heritage Heights School, Red Deer Lake School, and École Okotoks Junior High School, along with K-6 students attending C. Ian McLaren School will continue online learning and return to in-person classes on Tuesday May 25, 2021.
What to Expect:
- Online learning plans will be sent to all families on Friday May 7, 2021.
- Learning schedules and routines will remain the same and classroom teachers will be available to support students online.
- School offices remain open, families who require a Chromebook or need to collect student belongings can contact the school to arrange a pick-up time.
- Students with complex needs who may require socio-emotional support and/or students who require specialized equipment to continue their studies can contact the school to schedule their attendance with all applicable health guidelines in place.
We understand and respect that this situation may be challenging for families and students, our decisions continue to prioritize the safety of our students, staff, and school community. Support remains available. You are encouraged to visit our Parent Learning Link, Student Learning Link, or review the resources available to support your family from the Calgary Rural Primary Care Network. Please also know that you may also be eligible for federal support through the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit or the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding as we work together to once again pivot to an online learning environment for Foothills School Division students. We remain committed to working together to ensure that each student is supported through a continued focus on health, safety, and well being.
Superintendent of Schools