Welcome to our 2/3S
What We Will Be Learning
Writing: Creating organized, interesting stories that hold the reader’s interest by using: description, a variety of sentence starters and strong verbs.
Reading, vocabulary, and spelling practice daily, to enhance our understanding of words.
Addition and Subtraction strategies for larger numbers, learning about multiplication and repeated addition.
Ongoing: daily problem solving around all areas in math and calendar math
We are finishing our study of Tunisia and will be learning about life in Peru.
Finishing up our Hearing and Sound unit. Students will be creating their own instrument in class as part of their assessment.
Starting our Life Cycles and Small Crawling and Flying Creatures units. We will have butterflies in our classroom later in May.
Scholastic Book Orders
The May order will go home on WEDNESDAY MAY 4 and is due back on WEDNESDAY MAY 11. If you are ordering some books as a gift for your child please let me know when you order and I will make alternate arrangements to send your order home. Thank you for your continued support of this program as it helps to provide books and resources for our classroom.
Some Important Dates for May – Mark your Calendar!
- Monday May 2 – Hats On For Mental Health
- Tuesday May 3 – Pizza Orders Due
- Thursday May 5 – Pizza Hot Lunch
- Friday May 6 – PD Day – NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday May 10 – Parent Council Meeting 6:30pm
- Wednesday May 11 – Scholastic Orders Due
- Thursday May 12 – Field Trip Forms and $ Due
- Friday May 13 – Sub Sandwich Hot Lunch
- Tuesday May 17 – Pizza Orders Due
- Thursday May 19 – Pizza Hot Lunch
- Friday May 20 – PD Day – NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday May 25 – Honey Farm / Big Rock Field Trip
- Friday May 27 – Hot Dog Hot Lunch